No question about it, high performance steering systems demand high performance filtration.
It is important when selecting a filter that the rated flow rate is sufficiently higher than the system flow rate in order to avoid excessive pressure drop. Our standard flow remote oil filter is recommended for steering systems that operate up to 8-10 GPM. This includes most factory steering pumps as well as aftermarket pumps such as Saginaw TC, CB, P, and flow-regulated TT pumps.
This filter housing is designed with two inlets, one for return flow from the main hydraulic system and one for an additional return such as from hydroboost brakes.
Filter assembly features:
- Grade 6061 aluminum construction
- Rated flow: 8-10 GPM
- 50% filtration efficiency (Beta2): 1 microns
- 99.9% filtration efficiency (Beta1000): 23 microns*
- Inlet ports: two -10 ORB (o-ring boss), includes plug for spare inlet port
- Outlet port: two -10 ORB (o-ring boss), includes plug for spare outlet port
- Replaceable spin-on filter
*Beware of manufacturers claiming a "nominal micron rating" when in fact, there is no industry accepted definition for "nominal". Filter effectiveness can be described by efficiency at capturing particles of a certain size, or Beta Ratio, which is determined in accordance with ISO 16889 international standard.